National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA)
NCSA's mission is to educate and therefore empower a digital society to use the Internet safely and securely at home, work, and school, protecting the technology individuals use, the networks they connect to, and our shared digital assets. (NCSA Website, 2011). Resources and guidelines may be found at NCSA's website. Topics include, but are not limited to:
Higher Ed Students
Protect Your Devices
Protect your business
Free Security Check-Up
Department of Justice: Computer Crime & Intellectual Property SectionReport A Computer Crime
Federal Trade Commission: Consumer Protection
The FTC deals with issues that touch the economic life of every American. It is the only federal agency with both consumer protection and competition jurisdiction in broad sectors of the economy. The FTC pursues vigorous and effective law enforcement; advances consumers’ interests by sharing its expertise with
federal and state legislatures and U.S. and international government agencies; develops policy and research tools through hearings, workshops, and conferences; and creates practical and plain-language educational programs for consumers and businesses in a global marketplace with constantly changing technologies.
|Visit Website for Consumer Protection|
National Crime Prevention
The National Crime Prevention Council’s mission is to be the nation's leader in helping people keep themselves, their families, and their communities safe from crime. To achieve this, NCPC produces tools that communities can use to learn crime prevention strategies, engage community members, and coordinate with local agencies.
The Internet Keep Safe Coalition (iKeepSafe), established in 2005, is a 501(c)3 nonprofit international alliance of more than 100 policy leaders, educators, law enforcement members, technology experts, public health experts and advocates.
Through this network of support, iKeepSafe tracks
||global trends and issues surrounding digitally connected products and their affect on children. This research drives the continuous creation of positive resources for parents, educators and policymakers who teach youths how to use new media devices and platforms in safe and healthy ways.
- Situation Reports: Snapshots of global breaking news
- Analysis: Daily reports that assess key world events and their significance
- Quarterly & Annual Forecasts: Rigorous predictions of what will happen next
- Multimedia: Engaging videos and information-rich interactive maps
- Intelligence Guidance: Internal memos that guide STRATFOR staff in their intelligence-gathering operations in the immediate days ahead
The Heritage Foundation is a research and educational institution—a think tank—whose mission is to formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defenseVisit Website
- Integrate intelligence analysis and collection to inform decisions made from the White House to the foxhole.
- Drive responsible and secure information sharing.
- Set strategic direction and priorities for national intelligence resources and capabilities.
- Develop and implement Unifying Intelligence Strategies across regional and functional portfolios.
- Strengthen partnerships to enrich intelligence.
- Advance cutting-edge capabilities to provide global intelligence advantage.
- Promote a diverse, highly-skilled intelligence workforce that reflects the strength of America.
- Align management practices to best serve the Intelligence Community.